Recipe by Adoro chef, Jean Corvest
600g agria potatoes
200g grated cheese
1/4c olive oil
4 bacon rashers, grilled and chopped into small pieces
parsley to garnish
How we do it
- Put the oven on at 180 degrees.
- Scrub the potatoes and then parboil them - about five minutes for small potatoes, longer for larger ones.
- Put the potatoes in the oven for five minutes to get the moisture out.
- Peel the skin off the potatoes and grate them into a bowl.
- Add the grated cheese and olive oil to the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
- Grease a 12-hole muffin tin with butter (it must be butter!)
- Pack the potato mixture into the muffin tin and pack it down to make a nest in the middle (leave room for an egg).
- Bake for 20 minutes at 180 degrees or until browned on the side.
- Break an egg into each nest, sprinkle the bacon on the top and grind a little black pepper on top.
- Bake for around 12 minutes or until the egg has set.
- Remove from the oven and garnish with chopped parsley.
We like it served on a bed of baby spinach with hollandaise sauce, but they are fantastic just as they are.
Let us know how you get on making these in the comments below. Bon appetit!