Thanks to Gina Marshall, the nutritionist at Hawke's Bay Chiropractic for this week's recipe.
1 beetroot, sliced
1 carrot, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
1 red or white onion, sliced
4 slices of butternut pumpkin
1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
2½ cups water
1 small red chilli, sliced and de-seeded
2 cups mixed greens and herbs (like fresh rocket, cos, oregano, parsley, basil, coriander, etc)
Juice of ½ lime
Black sesame seeds
Extra virgin olive oil
Tahini and Hummus, to serve
How we do it
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C.
- Roast the beetroot, carrot, zucchini, onion and pumpkin for 50 to 60 minutes or until cooked, but not too soft.
- In a large pot, cook the quinoa and chilli in the 2 1/2 cups of water for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water (or allow to cool at room temperature).
- In a large bowl, toss the quinoa with the greens and lime juice.
- Add the roasted vegetables and gently mix, layering the pumpkin on the top.
- Sprinkle with the sesame seeds.
- Serve with fresh pepper, olive oil, tahini and hummus.
Let us know if you make it and how it goes in the comments below. Enjoy!