This week's recipe will absolutely knock your socks off!
Recipe by Anna Smith, Adoro Pastry Chef
Makes 1 cake or 24 mini cakes
200g dark chocolate
1 Tbsp coffee liqueur
2 c sugar
11/2 c hot water
1 1/2 c self raising flour
1/2 c cocoa
2 tsp vanilla essence
How we do it
- Set the oven for 160 degrees and grease a cake tin or a 12-hole muffin tin.
- Gently melt the chocolate, liqueur, butter, sugar and hot water together.
- Take the melted mixture off the heat and stir in the flour, cocoa, eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 1 1/2 hours (for the cake) or 15 minutes (for the muffin tins).
- Serve drizzled with melted chocolate.